Paris Regional Medical Center, located in Paris, Texas, is a licensed for over 300 bed, general acute-care hospital serving Northeast Texas and Southeast Oklahoma. Our health and wellness services include cardiac rehabilitation, diagnostic imaging, digital mammography, emergency healthcare, heart hospital services, intensive care, laboratory services, men’s health, orthopedics, physical rehabilitation, senior transitions – inpatient, psychiatric programs, women’s health services, wound care and pediatrics.
The History of Paris Regional Medical Center
Our Paris, Texas acute-care hospital has come a long way since its inception in 1911. Fully accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, the two campuses are licensed by the Texas Department of Health. In addition, Paris Regional Medical Center is a member of the Texas Hospital Association. The beginning of what was to eventually become Paris Regional dates to 1896 when the Sisters of Mercy operated St. Patrick’s Academy, a boarding school near downtown Paris, Texas. After several years of agonizing labor and severe tests of faith, six sisters reopened the facility as St. Joseph’s Infirmary on October 1, 1911.
In 1999, St. Joseph’s ownership changed when it became a part of the new CHRISTUS Health System, created as a result of the merger of the Incarnate Word Health System and the Sisters of Charity, Houston.
In August, 2001, CHRISTUS St. Joseph’s Health System purchased the buildings, equipment and certain services of the competing 210-bed McCuistion Regional Medical Center, owned at the time by Texas Health Resources. With the acquisition, CHRISTUS consolidated services of the two hospitals into one system.
Essent Healthcare, Inc. purchased CHRISTUS St. Joseph’s Health System in late December 2003 and took over operations on January 1, 2004 as Paris Regional Medical Center.
In, November of 2011 Essent Healthcare, Inc. merged with RegionalCare Hospital Partners, making Paris Regional Medical Center part of their healthcare system.
Recently, on March 22nd, 2016 RegionalCare Hospital Partners and Capella Healthcare, both privately-owned premier providers of health care services, merged to create a new company. The new company has 18 hospital campuses in 12 states with more than 13,000 employees, 2,000 affiliated physicians and $1.7 billion in revenues. The combined company’s name is RCCH Health Partners.
To treat everyone like family, providing the peace of mind that comes from receiving extraordinary care close to home.