COVID-19 Online Risk Assessment
To help support the health of our community, we are providing access to an online COVID-19 risk assessment developed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). This tool does NOT provide a diagnosis, and it should NOT be used as a substitute for an assessment made by a healthcare provider.
Paris Regional Medical Center is currently operating under a zero visitor policy for inpatients. These revisions come in response to the ongoing community and regional surge in COVID-19 cases.
“We have been navigating an ongoing surge in our community,” said Steve Hyde, CEO. “We have seen the effects of this firsthand in our patient and team member populations. In an effort to protect our team and those in our care from additional exposures, effective Wednesday, November 4, we are scaling back our visitor policy and enforcing additional precautionary measures for our inpatient population, which are outlined below. We understand and treasure the value and importance of visitation time for our patients, and we hoped that by implementing additional restrictions last week we would be able to avoid a no visitor policy; however, due to recent developments, we feel this is what is best for the safety of our high acuity patients throughout the house.”
The updated visitor policy is as follows (with changes bolded):
- Visitors are not permitted for inpatients at this time. This includes anyone who is admitted in a room on an inpatient floor. Patients in OB, ER, those who are here for outpatient procedures and those under the age of 16 will be allowed one visitor at all times.
- We will continue to screen everyone who enters our facilities for symptoms consistent with COVID-19, per CDC guidelines.
- We will continue to enforce universal masking for everyone in our facility. Please bring a mask with you when you come to the hospital to visit.
We will continue to closely monitor the evolving situation in our community and region and will revise policies and procedures as needed. Updated information can always be found on our website at ParisRegionalMedical.com. We greatly appreciate your support and cooperation.
Below are a number of resources to help educate you and your family on COVID-19.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (cdc.gov)
Texas Department of State Health Services – https://www.dshs.texas.gov/
Texas Hospital Association — https://www.tha.org/
Paris Regional Medical Center Facebook – facebook.com/ParisRegional
- What Should I Do if I Have Symptoms
- What Should I Do if I Have Symptoms (SPANISH)
- Facts About COVID-19
- Help to Stop the Spread of Germs
- Handwashing Tips
- How We Are Keeping Our Hospital Clean & Safe
- Keep in Touch Toolkit