Emergency ServicesCall 903.737.1165
865 Deshong Dr
Paris, TX 75460
Open 24 hours
At Paris Regional Medical Center, we believe emergency care should be readily available and provided by skilled clinicians. Our Emergency Department is backed by an entire hospital team dedicated to providing you with the quality care you deserve, here, at home. With 24/7 on-call specialists, we stand ready to serve you when an emergency strikes -- no matter the time or day.
Pardon our Progress!
Our Emergency Department is currently undergoing renovations to expand and refresh our space. We appreciate your understanding as we make adjustments to accommodate this project.
What sets us apart in the emergency services landscape?
24/7 On-Call Specialties
- General Surgery
- Accredited Chest Pain Center with Primary PCI from the American College of Cardiology
- Advanced Level III Trauma Facility designation from the Texas Department of State Health Services
- Advanced Primary Stroke Care certification from The Joint Commission
Know where to go in an emergency. Some common emergency conditions are:
- Traumatic accidents
- Broken bones
- Ingestion or exposure to harmful chemicals
- Severe burn injuries
- Chest pain
- Stroke/heart attack symptoms
- Large or deep lacerations
- Respiratory distress/shortness of breath
- Allergic reactions
- Abdominal pain
- High fever
- Nausea and vomiting
- Fall with injury
Survive. Don’t Drive!
If you or a loved one experiences any of the signs of a heart attack or stroke listed below, immediately dial 9-1-1. Do not attempt to drive to the hospital.
- Driving risks delays in diagnosis and life-saving treatments to restore blood
flow that paramedics can provide on the way to the hospital.
- Local paramedics work with our emergency room teams and are able to provide us with critical information prior to the arrival of a patient experiencing heart attack or stroke. This allows us to prepare for the arrival of the patient and expedite treatment once at the hospital.
Every minute that a person delays in getting medical treatment increases the likelihood of damage or even death to heart muscle.
What to Bring to the ER
In order to ease your visit to the ER, make sure to bring the following items for yourself or your loved ones:
- Forms of identification
- Insurance card or information
- Name and contact information of your primary care physician
- List of current prescriptions and over-the-counter medications, as well as vitamins or supplements
- List of allergies, health conditions, previous surgeries and family health history
In the emergency room at Paris Regional Medical Center, patients are treated based on the severity of their condition. Those who may arrive first may not necessarily be treated first. In the event of a life-threatening condition, call 9-1-1 immediately. Paramedics and emergency medical technicians will provide care in the field and bring you or your loved one safely and quickly to the Emergency Room by ambulance. Calling helps our ER team prepare for your arrival and start life-saving treatment more quickly.
Under federal law, every patient has the right to be evaluated and stabilized in the ER regardless of condition or proof of insurance. You have the right to understand any procedures and know the risks. You may be required to sign forms indicating your consent for treatment.