Criteria for inpatient rehab admission:
- Patient must have the need for two of the three therapy disciplines (Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy and/or Speech Therapy)
- Patient must have the ability to participate in and benefit from intense therapy program
- Patient must require physician supervision
- Patient must have an interdisciplinary team approach to the delivery of care
A rehabilitation professional evaluates a patient’s readiness for admission based on the following criteria:
- Patient demonstrates potential for functioning improvements
- Patient meets admission criteria guidelines set by Medicare or their private insurance carrier
- Patient is medically capable of participating in the rehabilitation process
- Patient can tolerate three hours of progressive therapy daily
If these criteria are met, admissions to the rehabilitation unit may be accepted from an acute care hospital, a post-hospital setting, or from home. Since we believe family members play an integral part in a patient’s recovery, we encourage family or other support persons to actively participate in the rehabilitation process.
Upon admission, our staff will provide a program orientation. An initial evaluation will be completed and a written treatment plan will be shared with the patient and family. Our medical director will manage all medical care needs of the patient, including rehabilitative and general medical care. We will automatically furnish patient status and progress information to the referring physician.