Visitors can be good medicine for patients. Family and friends are welcomed to visit; however, patient care is our primary concern at Paris Regional, and in order to enhance the quality of care and the safety of those who are with us, specific visiting hours and regulations have been established. We ask that all visitors please follow these guidelines. Please check with the information desk in the main lobby or a nurse's station for a copy of the visitor policies.
Paris Regional Medical Center is currently operating under a revised visitor policy.
The updated visitor policy for the general hospital is as follows:
- Each inpatient (non-COVID) may receive one well visitor between 8 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. Patients in OB, ER, those who are here for outpatient procedures and those under the age of 16 will be allowed one visitor at all times.
- Visitors must be 16+ with the exception of OB. OB patients will now be able to receive one visit from new baby’s sibling(s).
- We will continue to enforce universal masking for everyone in our facility. Please bring a mask with you when you come to the hospital to visit.
- Visitors for high-risk, isolation, immunocompromised or patients who are under observation or test positive for COVID-19 may be restricted at the discretion of the attending physician.
- When visiting patients on isolation/droplet precautions, appropriate protective equipment must always be worn, and visits may be limited to 10-minutes per day.
The updated visitor policy for the Woman & Baby's Hospital is as follows:
LABOR & DELIVERY
Visitation to Labor & Delivery will be limited to one support person/visitor. Visitors will receive a name badge to be worn while in Labor & Delivery.
Visitors to Antepartum Units will be limited to one visitors at-a-time. Visitors will receive a name badge to be worn while in the Antepartum Units.
Postpartum visitation will be 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. with Quiet Hours observed 2-4 p.m. One visitor is allowed during Quiet Hours with no exchanges.
Only one support person is permitted for overnight stays from 8 p.m. to 8 a.m.
Siblings (under the age of 16) of the newborn or pediatric patient may visit for one hour per day. Children must be able to wear a mask in common areas and hallways.
We ask that anyone showing any signs of illness please refrain from visiting our vulnerable patient population.
Safety precautions such as self-screening for communicable illness such as COVID-19 and RSV, frequent handwashing and sanitizing, and masking in common areas will be required of all visitors.
Social distancing will be enforced in waiting area with limited seating.
We are excited to take one more step toward business as usual and look forward to welcoming more loved ones into our units.
We will continue to closely monitor the evolving situation in our community and region and will revise policies and procedures as needed. Updated information can always be found here. We greatly appreciate your support and cooperation.