Loved ones are welcome again.
It’s been a hard year. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our community has faced a number of new challenges as we have worked to protect each other’s health and well-being. Perhaps one of the biggest of those challenges has been separation from others – whether that means forgoing in-person gatherings, grabbing coffee with a friend or visiting a loved one who is receiving care at the hospital.
As we come closer than ever to putting the pandemic behind us, we are pleased to announce that our visitation restrictions are relaxing, and loved ones are welcome again. We know that it has been difficult to be apart from family and friends who are receiving care, and we want to thank you for your patience and understanding while restrictions were in place to protect the health of our patients and staff.
We are so pleased to welcome our patients’ loved ones back to the hospital to visit. Our updated visitor policy can be found below.
It’s been a hard year. Let’s make the next one better…together.
Paris Regional Medical Center is currently operating under a revised visitor policy.
The updated visitor policy for the general hospital is as follows:
- Each inpatient (non-COVID) may receive one well visitor between 8 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. Patients in OB, ER, those who are here for outpatient procedures and those under the age of 16 will be allowed one visitor at all times.
- Visitors must be 16+ with the exception of OB. OB patients will now be able to receive one visit from new baby’s sibling(s).
- We will continue to enforce universal masking for everyone in our facility. Please bring a mask with you when you come to the hospital to visit.
- Visitors for high-risk, isolation, immunocompromised or patients who are under observation or test positive for COVID-19 may be restricted at the discretion of the attending physician.
- When visiting patients on isolation/droplet precautions, appropriate protective equipment must always be worn, and visits may be limited to 10-minutes per day.
The updated visitor policy for the Woman & Baby's Hospital is as follows:
LABOR & DELIVERY
Visitation to Labor & Delivery will be limited to one support person/visitor. Visitors will receive a name badge to be worn while in Labor & Delivery.
Visitors to Antepartum Units will be limited to one visitors at-a-time. Visitors will receive a name badge to be worn while in the Antepartum Units.
Postpartum visitation will be 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. with Quiet Hours observed 2-4 p.m. One visitor is allowed during Quiet Hours with no exchanges.
Only one support person is permitted for overnight stays from 8 p.m. to 8 a.m.
Siblings (under the age of 16) of the newborn or pediatric patient may visit for one hour per day. Children must be able to wear a mask in common areas and hallways.
We ask that anyone showing any signs of illness please refrain from visiting our vulnerable patient population.
Safety precautions such as self-screening for communicable illness such as COVID-19 and RSV, frequent handwashing and sanitizing, and masking in common areas will be required of all visitors.
Social distancing will be enforced in waiting area with limited seating.
We are excited to take one more step toward business as usual and look forward to welcoming more loved ones into our units.
We will continue to closely monitor the evolving situation in our community and region and will revise policies and procedures as needed. Updated information can always be found here. We greatly appreciate your support and cooperation.